Falafel with Tahini Yoghurt
This tasty version of a family favourite is proof that falafel needn’t be a pain to make! The addition of our F3 Personalised Protein Powder, Beta Heart and Herbalife’s roasted soy beans makes these gently spiced falafel just right served cold in lunch boxes or hot as part of a satisfying dinner as the nights draw in.
- 250g dried chickpeas (or 2x400g tinned chickpeas, drained)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 handful parsley, stalks removed
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 servings (12g) PPP
- 2 servings (16g) Beta Heart
- 1 packet (21.5g) Herbalife Roasted Soya beans, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 120g tahini
- 120g low fat plain yoghurt
- Handful of green salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- If using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight in plenty of cold water.
- Drain the chickpeas and blitz in food processor until crumbly. Transfer to large bowl.
- Now blitz the onion, garlic and herbs until it becomes a paste, add to chickpeas and mix.
- Stir in the spices, salt, F3 PPP, Beta Heart and Soy Beans. Roll into balls and either fry in the oil in a frying pan or drizzle with a little of the oil and bake in the oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- While the falafels are cooking, mix the tahini and the and the yoghurt together, season to taste.
- Serve the falafels hot or cold with tahini yoghurt and green salad if desired.
Nutritional value per serving*:
|Energy (Kcal)||Protein (g)||Fats (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Fibre (g)||Sugar (g)|
* Only when prepared as instructed on the product label does our product deliver the full nutrition benefits described on that label. Please remember that if a Herbalife Nutrition product is used in a heated recipe, some vitamin levels in the finished product may decline in comparison to label values.