This delicious variation and our family favorite is proof that falafel doesn’t have to be difficult to make! The addition of Formula 3 Custom Protein Powder, Beta heart® and Herbalife Roasted Soy Beans make these lightly spicy falafels perfect served cold in fall lunch boxes or hot as part of a cozy dinner before nightfall.
The dish is also suitable for vegetarians
- 250 g dried chickpeas (or 2×400 g canned chickpeas, drained)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful chopped parsley (without the stems)
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp hot red pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 servings (12g) Formula 3 Custom Protein Powder
- 2 servings (16 g) Beta heart®
- 1 packet (21.5 g) Roasted Herbalife soybeans, hulled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g of tahini
- 120 g of low-fat yogurt
- Optional: a handful of green leaves (lettuce) – for decoration when serving
Method of preparation:
- If you use dry chickpeas: soak them in cold water the night before; pour more liquid because the chickpeas will absorb it.
- Drain the chickpeas and grind them in a blender. Transfer it to a large bowl.
- Then, in the blender, finely chop the head of onion, garlic and herbs – until you get a slurry; add chickpeas. Mix well again.
- Then add the spices, salt, Formula 3, Custom Protein Powder, Beta heart® and soybeans. Stir well. Form balls and fry them in a pan with a little oil until golden – or bake them in the oven (20-25 minutes at 180°C, again until golden), sprinkled with oil.
- While the falafels are cooking, mix the tahini and yogurt; put spices to taste.
- Serve the falafels hot or cold – with yogurt with tahini and green salad if desired.
Nutritional value per serving*:
|Calories (Kcals)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Fiber (g)||Sugars (g)|
* Only when prepared as directed on the label does our product provide the full nutritional benefits described on that label. Please remember that if a Herbalife Nutrition product is used in a heated recipe, some vitamin levels in the finished product may decrease compared to label values.