Selenium is one of the most important elements of our body’s immune defense.
It has unique antioxidant properties. It neutralizes the most dangerous and aggressive free radicals that other antioxidants fail to deal with.
Extremely important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland and the general metabolism of the body.
It is pointless to try to replace it with something else, although it is needed in very small amounts – 80-150 mcg per 24 hours for an adult.
The lack of this element causes a serious breakthrough in the immune system and the overall functioning of the body:
- It hinders the activity of the immune system;
- Makes the work of the thyroid gland difficult;
- Leads to heart, endocrine and oncological diseases;
- Prerequisite for various diseases of the circulatory system;
- Makes it difficult to clean absorbed heavy metals;
- Causes premature aging;
- Relieves diabetes;
- A common cause of male infertility;
- Difficulties in conceiving women and normal wear and tear of the fetus;
- Facilitates the occurrence of various types of allergies and many other diseases.
Through well-chosen food, we could get the selenium we need. Natural sources of selenium are cereals, various raw nuts, especially Brazil nuts, many raw vegetables, broccoli, some varieties of rice and others.
Unfortunately, foods, even raw and unprocessed, are not the same as they were 30-40 years ago or more. Although the daily rate of selenium is small, it is difficult for us to obtain it naturally and in the necessary combination with other products and elements in a way that it is fully absorbable.
In our healthy eating club, we can make you a personal diet, in which you can get all the substances needed by the body, including selenium, in a pleasant and healthy way, without hunger and diets.